A Lapidary Class on a CD that reads like a book with 100s of photographs on your computer that teachs how to cut stones at home, with no actual lapidary equipment.
All you need is a regular grinder from the hardware store!
That's right the $40.00 metal grinder. If you already have a metal grinder, it will do!
You can cut and polish nearly every stone, including Australian Opal!
Holly Fire, Batman, you can't cut and polish Opal with out hundreds of dollars worth of lapidary equipment and years of practice!
You can bet your "stones" that you can, Bat Boy!
This is a class for any one that would like to cut stones, at home, but do not have the room or the equipment.
I will teach you how to cut stones like malachite, turquoise, opal, mother of pearl, abalone, coral and jet.
Any stone can be cut and polished with this system!
The cost is of the class is $49.00.
Twelve Week Class Taught Via Weekly Emails
With Many, Many Photos On My Web Site.
You will learn:
1. How to make a simple grinder into a great lapidary grinder, with no tools. A 10 year old could do the work for you, it is that simple. So simple, you will ask your self, "Why didn't I think of that!"
2. How to grind stones to shape, cabs and free forms! Especially free forms, why cut a calibrated cab when you can buy them for one tenth the cost of the cost of your time to cut one. Free forms are more interesting, easier to sell, and will make you more profit!
3. How to polish them, again with no extra equipment, other than the grinder!
You will need:
1. a grinder. If you have one do not buy another one! $40.00 to $50.00 at the most. If you are taking the Beginning Silversmithing Class the grinder you are using for it is just perfect!
2. a tapered spindle that will fit the arbor of your grinder, about $7.00 to $10.00 at the most.
3. six inch white muslin wheel, at about $5.00.
4. about $6.00 worth of sand paper. You may even have the right sand paper at home!
5. All the safety equipment that makes sense to you. I recommend eye protection and rubber gloves. You may want to include a dust mask, I do not see the need for one. Buy one for 99 cents if it will make you feel better.
Compare that to all the fancy smancy equipment for sale.